Terms and Conditions
The management agree that on Receipt of PO number and / or Info request above the event is deemed to be under contract without need for a signatory, Cancellation will be required in writing and a confirmed by a member of PSW Events Ltd Office Staff.
1. A cancellation fee of £150 is payable if cancelled after Contracts have been administered or
2. A cancellation fee of 50% of the Contract value is payable if cancelled within 2 calendar months of the hire date.
3. A cancellation fee of 100% of the Contract value is payable if cancelled within 1 calendar month of the hire date.
4. The Management are responsible for adhering to payment terms and are liable for an administration charge of £250 + interest of 5% per month or part thereof for late payment.
5. The Management are responsible for all associated debt recovery and court costs implicated by late payment.
6. Any time given for delivery / collection is intended as an estimate only. Once the equipment / artist arrives at the venue the Fee becomes payable.
7. In the event of uncontrollable circumstances or breakdown of PSW Components on the Contract preventing us from being able to arrive at the venue or operate in part at the agreed date and times our liability shall be limited to a refund of any monies paid in relation to the Contracted event or pro-rata reduction as applicable. PSW Events Ltd shall not under any circumstances be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill, pure economic loss, loss of data or information, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising under the Contract.
8. PSW Events Terms & Conditions shall prevail over and operate to the exclusion of any terms or conditions contained in or referred to in any quotation, invoice, proposal, acceptance, correspondence or elsewhere or implied by law, trade custom, practice or course of dealing that purports to apply to the provision of the Services and Deliverables and any term, statement or representation (howsoever conveyed) that purports to act to the contrary shall not apply.
9. It is the responsibility of the management to make provision for any assistance that may be required to either gain access or to leave the venue. Any venue rooms or Marquees must be of a suitable size to house the ordered equipment in terms of footprint, height clearance and weatherproofing. If unsure of access requirements and unit footprints / heights please ask for assistance prior to event. (Door widths / steps / ceiling heights / ground Conditions / gateways / parking etc)
10. This booking has been made with a collection time, any delay in removing the equipment caused by the client, security, venue or guests may result in a waiting charge being levied.
11. Please be advised that in the event of inclement weather it may not be safe to unload / operate / continue to use some equipment.
12. Where mains electrical supply is required, the supply must be delivered to within 2 metres of the equipment.
13. When any item is hired from PSW Events Ltd without an Operator termed as 'Dry Hire', it is essential that the Management has the appropriate insurance to cover every eventuality that could arise including damage / loss of equipment and accidents to users. The Management are solely responsible for the equipment from install up to the point of Collection / Return including sign off of the relevant PSW Job Sheet.
14. The Management will be requested to Sign off the Job Sheet on delivery and collection any comments on performance and satisfaction can be made on this sheet and adhered to. Any further comments by other means will be null and void over and above that written on the job sheet in the case of a dispute.
15. The Management shall take full liability for any damage caused to or theft of any part of the equipment whilst hired to them.
16. It is the responsibility of the Management to ensure that any permissions / licenses are in place for the venue to cover all equipment / Artistes hired.
17. Clients requiring any documentary evidence of relevant Test certificates, Risk assessment, Method statement and Public Liability insurance must request these at the time of booking as these are not always readily available on site.
18. PSW Events Ltd or their suppliers, whilst acting with caution cannot be held responsible for damage to Roads, Pathways, Flower beds, Lawns or any internal fittings and furnishings, however caused.
19. PSW Events Ltd shall not be liable in respect of Conditions or warranties whether expressed or implied, that have not been confirmed to them in writing.
PSW Events Ltd take the storage and use of personal data very seriously.
Who we are
PSW Events Ltd operate from our premises at 36 North Street, Burwell, Cambridge CB250BA and via our websites at Telephone number: 01638 601720
How and when we collect your personal data
During the course of your business with us we collect personal data such as your Company name, name, address, telephone numbers and email addresses.
Visitors to our website will also provide certain information to us via cookies which may include your IP address, geographical information, etc.
CCTV operates throughout our premises, both inside and out, and those images are stored for security and training reasons.
What personal data do we process and why?
We collect your name, address, telephone number and email address under the following circumstances:
From the web form or contact pages on our website.
Via telephone or email with a quote request.
You ask to be placed on our mailing lists.
We collect this information for legitimate business reasons and store the information in line with legal requirements. PSW Events Ltd operate email mailing lists to provide you with details of new stock items or details of particular events we have attended which may be of interest to you. For this we collect your name and email address. You are free to opt out from our marketing mailings at any time and an email opt-out link is on each marketing email we send out.
We collect and store this information to comply with our legal obligations.
Our offices and yards are protected by CCTV for the safety of our employees, clients and visitors. CCTV images are stored for a reasonable amount of time and may, in the case of theft for example, be passed to third parties if they have and can prove a legal right to access. The right to reproduce images remains with PSW.
We collect these images for legitimate business reasons and use it for the prevention of crime.
Access to Data
It is essential that staff with the relevant permissions have access to your data in order to efficiently run the business.
All our computers are password protected.
Retention of Data
PSW Events Ltd will securely store data for the periods laid out in their Data Retention Schedule which in the majority of cases is seven years or in line with relevant laws or regulatory obligations (for instance HMRC).
Transfer of Data
PSW Events Ltd will not release your information to third parties to use for their own purposes. We do share data with third parties when it is necessary in order to complete a service. Our email mailing list is managed through Vertical Response and client data such as name, email address and telephone number is saved on their servers.
How do we keep your data secure?
We take all appropriate and reasonable steps to keep your data secure by means of physical protection, passwords, anti-virus protection and staff training.
Access to your data
You have a right of access to your personal data that we hold and can have any inaccuracies corrected. This can be obtained by completing a Subject Access Request (SARS) and providing proof of your identity. This should be forwarded for the attention of
Mr S Warren at PSW Events Ltd, 36 North Street, Burwell, Cambridge, CB250BA
Your right to be forgotten and withdrawal of consent
Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances, details of which can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website. https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure/. We will action any right to be forgotten within one month of the request being made to us unless we have a legal obligation to keep or in the exercise or defence of legal claims.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server – a device where one or more websites are stored – to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the web server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser and provide richer user experiences for visitors to a web site.
We may install and use various plugins or extensions that help enrich the experience of using this website, and which may also use additional cookies, to, for example, monitor how successful each plugin or extension is, or further count the number of times a plugin or extension is used. In this way, those providers can measure the effectiveness of their solutions and make changes to improve their products.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates anonymous statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
If you choose not to accept cookies, then only the standard session cookie will load and be active until you close your web browser, the website will not function as intended and some facilities will be unavailable. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking: “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. This choice will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Most browser companies provide instructions on disabling cookies on their web sites.
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org
PSW Events Ltd, 36 North Street, Burwell, Cambridge CB250BA
T: 01638 601720
You may also contact us on the above address in respect of any complaint relating to the processing of your personal data.
You may also raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/.